Friday Favorites

Happy Friday! This week has flown by in preparation for our flight back to South Dakota later today. Wish me and Quinn luck as we fly during what should be her nap time. Yikes. Deep breaths, mama.

But any nerves I have are overshadowed by my excitement to see family. We have a ton of fun on the agenda: Josh’s cousin is getting married tomorrow and my nieces have a dance recital on Sunday. Hooray!

PicMonkey CollageWhen your two year old tells you that it’s her beloved monkey’s birthday, you throw a party.

While I finish up some last-minute packing, you go ahead and enjoy Friday Favorites! Have a great weekend!

***click on the red text to be led to the sources of my favorites

Favorite Comfort Food: Cheesy Scalloped Potatoes with Ham. We started the week off with cooler weather and rain, which made me have a major hankering for this comforting dish.

Favorite Kid Craft: Paper Plate Donut Craft. Quinn loves donuts, sprinkles, and crafts. Like mother, like daughter.

Favorite Dip: Creamy Corn Guacamole. Oh, yes.

Favorite Shopping List: Free Printable Mediterranean Diet Shopping List. I’m not one for diets, but to me, this doesn’t seem like too far of a stretch. I could definitely eat the foods on this list 80% of the time (the other 20% is for nachos and dessert…).

Favorite Cupcakes: Lemon Cupcakes with Blueberry Frosting. Delightful!

Favorite Bag: Skip Hop Duo Special Edition Diaper Bag. I caved in and bought this diaper bag for our trip. We’ve used a Baggu bag in the past, but it’s better for everyday use rather than airplane travel. I’m excited to see how much more functional this bag is. The most exciting feature is the extra straps that attach the bag to the handles of the stroller!!

Favorite Tacos: Teriyaki Chicken Tacos with Grilled Pineapple Pear Salsa. Flavor for days.

Favorite Fashion: Light As a Feather Slip Plunging Dress. Doesn’t this dress look so light and feathery (hehehe) and great for a summer night out?

Favorite Bars: Peanut Butter Buckeye Rice Krispies Treats. Taking Rice Krispies treats to a whole new level.

Favorite Food Picking’ Tip: The best way to pick a watermelon. Because nobody wants to buy a dud of a watermelon.

Favorite Salad: Honey Lime Quinoa Fruit Salad. I have a feeling that I’ll be making this salad over and over this summer.

Favorite Honey PotHoney Pot with Silicone Dipper. Honey, I want this.

Favorite Breakfast: Vegan French Toast Waffles. It’s waffle time!

Favorite Summer Plans: Concerts at Red Rocks. Concerts at Red Rocks are a must. But how do we decide which concert(s) to go to? Ben Harper, The Lumineers, The Avett Brothers, Nathaniel Rateliff & The Night Sweats, Trampled by Turtles…HOW WILL WE EVER DECIDE?!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s